If you are looking for the ultimate romantic escape you would be hard put to find somewhere more romantic than Longlands, the North Devon coast & Exmoor. To quote one of our guests: “Find me somewhere more romantic and I won’t believe you!”
10 reasons to book with us if romance is what you are seeking:
- Open a bottle of bubbly, sit back, put your feet up and watch the sun setting over the lake and valley and onto the sea, from the sofa of your deck. Looking out west, over the North Devon coast Mother Nature regularly treats us to some of the most spectacular sunset displays that you will ever see.
- Enjoy a candlelit dinner under the stars. We look out onto one of the very first International Dark Sky reserves in the World. The total absence of light pollution ensures that the Milky Way and constellations sparkle in the night sky in a way that you will never have seen before.
- Cuddle up on the vintage leather chesterfield sofa in front of a roaring fire. We have a blanket box full of games to play or borrow a book from the Larder library. There must be something in the fact that North Devon & Exmoor have inspired so many authors & poets from R.D. Blackmore with Lorna Doone, Coleridge, Shelley, Henry Williamson & Tarka, and now Veronica Henry & Michael Morpurgo. Our library collection includes these are many others besides.
- Snuggle under luxurious Egyptian cotton and thick warm duvet, listening to the babble of the stream, the hoot of owls, the rustle of leaves. Mother nature provides the very best in sound tracks! Our amazingly comfortable beds and the freshest air in the country will ensure you sleep soundly.
- Wander through our ancient woods. The magnificent beech trees, beautiful bluebells, wild garlic and ferns are so romantic that they have inspired at least two proposals that we know of! What could be more romantic that a surprise proposal in a dappled glade of wild woodland flowers?
- Float in a boat around the lake and lose all track of time. Enjoy the peace & tranquility of our lake from the pair of adirondack loungers on the jetty. Be mesmerised by the aerial displays from the swallows & dragonflies! The best show in town! Watch the fish jump or cast a line and catch your supper.
- Walk hand in hand on golden sands. Paddle in the surf. Discover secret beaches. Soak up the sunshine! There are 14 beaches within easy reach of Longlands including the best beach in Britain, as voted by TripAdvisor travellers for the past 2 years: Woolacombe Beach. Its three and half miles of golden sands mean you can always find your own space.
- Discover the magic of Exmoor. Admire the stunning coastline & breathtaking views. Spot a stag. Meet an Exmoor pony. Admire the antics of the wild goats of Lynton. It is a place like no other. Utterly wild, magical, mystical, and so romantic!
- Wander down ancient cobbled streets to beautiful harbours. Discover Elizabethan fishing villages. Ride an unique Victorian Cliff railway. Take a plunge in a secret tide pool. Skip across the ancient Tarr Steps! They’re said to be older than Stonehenge!
- Enjoy a little decadence and dine at the best restaurant in the South West: The Coach House by Michael Caines, at the Kentisbury Grange, just 2 miles away. Or feast at the Thomas Carr’s Michelin Starred restaurant, the Olive Room. Enjoy a taste extravaganza with Noel Corston at NC@EX34 in Woolacombe. Or simply indulge in a Devon cream tea or fish and chips on the sea front!
Whatever your definition of romance we promise you a romantic escape to remember with memories to cherish forever.
Enjoy a romantic getaway at Longlands this Spring: book for two, and not only will we give you £100 off the cost of your stay, but we will also treat you to a bottle of bubbly to get your stay off to a sparkling start!